Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A little bit about me.....Response 2

This is part of a homework assignment! Our professor is asking where we are from, what english courses we have taken, what belief we have, why we are in school and what culture do we like.

I am originally from York, Pennslyvania.  I moved to Lexington, Kentucky when I was a teenager and have been here ever since! I have been blessed with two beautiful children, Zachary 19 and Jill-Marie 17.

I have taken a few english courses over the years.  I did my requirements in high school and took 101 many years ago.  I do find pleasure in writing. 

I hold many beliefs and values and its hard to pinpoint just one.  I firmly believe in the power of family and the unity of family.  My children and I are the closest three people on the planet.  Without the bond of my family, I don't know where I would be today.  We encourage each other and give each other strength and power to survive.

I was given the opportunity to attend college after highschool, but my life took a different route.  I got married and raised my children.  I tried attending school when my son was an infant but the demands of motherhood took over.  Now that my kids are grown, I can devote my time on me and actually getting my education.  I am doing this for me and no one else.  I am studing to be an elementary education teacher, which I was given a scholarship for in high school!  Funny how life can be a full circle.

I am drawn  culture of the 1500's.  I find this age very fascinating.  I am amazed that people lived a great full life without the modern life that we have! 

2 comments:

  1. My favorite historian that writes about the 1500s is Fernand Braudel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy -- this isn't response 2 (it was the framing/propaganda response)

    ReplyDelete